Chiefs welcome Swallows in a league encounter on Tuesday night, as they look to wipe their tears following a 1-0 defeat to Pirates this past weekend
Gaxa, Masilela, Mathoho, Mashamaite
Katsande, Letsholonyane, Lebese, Tshabalala
Mungomeni, Da Costa, Cohen, Lekgothoane
Mbekile, Tsutsulupa, Chabangu, Mabalane
AmaKhosi are still smarting from their 1-0 MTN 8 defeat at the hands of arch-rivals Orlando Pirates, but they will be looking to bounce back immediately.
On the other hand, Swallows will be looking to continue where they left off in their opening league match against AmaTuks at the Dobsonville Stadium [Swallows won 1-0].
However, a lack of competitiveness from the Dube Birds could hamper their chances against the Chiefs side that hasn’t lost a league game at home under Stuart Baxter.
It will be interesting to see how Willard Katsande and Reneilwe Letsholonyane fare against Lefa Tsutsulupa and Asavela Mbekile in the midfield.
Mind you, Katsande and Yeye had a forgettable first half against Pirates where they struggled with possession while Mbekile has fitted like hand in a glove for the Zeca Marques’ side.
Mbekile earned himself a man of the match award with his fine performance against AmaTuks, and he will be more determined to impress against Chiefs.
Baxter is expected to start with Knowledge Musona upfront. Despite wasting a few goalscoring chances against Pirates, the Zimbabwean-born forward changed the complexion of the game with his dangerous runs and positioning in the second half of that game.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
· Despite losing to Pirates on Saturday, Chiefs remain unbeaten at home in league games since coach Stuart Baxter was appointed last season.
· Moroka Swallows have lost all their six previous games against Chiefs.
· In head-to-head stats, Chiefs and Swallows have met 18 times since January, 2005 with AmaKhosi winning nine games, compared to five of Swallows’ while four games have been drawn.
· The last time Swallows beat Chiefs was when Lungisani Ndlela was still a player back in 2009.
· Chiefs ran 3-2 winners against Swallows in the first round of last season before beating the Dube Birds 3-1 at home in the second round.