Gavin Hunt has admitted that he has limited knowledge of SuperSport United's next opponent in the Caf Confederations Cup - Egyptian club ENPPI from Cairo
Days before the match, Gavin Hunt admitted that he knew nothing about his next opponents, who defeated Kenyan club Gor Mahia 3-0 in order to set up a clash against SuperSport United.
The match is set to be played behind closed doors due to the ban placed on spectators in Egypt following spates of violence.
SuperSport will be without some key players such as Sibusiso Zuma, who did not travel to Cairo with the squad. Prince Hlela is also out of the tie with captain Thabo September out for the rest of the season due to an ankle injury.
ENPPI are currently in second position in the Egyptian league after nine games with 16 points. They trail perennial winners Al Ahly by two points.
SuperSport will need to be wary of ENPPI's Ahmed Omran. The attacking midfielder has already scored three goals in merely seven games this season. Striker Ahmed Raouf is also a force to be reckoned with after netting three goals in seven starts.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- ENPPI stands for Engineering for the Petroleum and Process Industries.
- SuperSport United qualified for the next round of the Caf Confederations Cup after defeating Petro de Luanda 2-0 on aggregate.
- The Egyptian League is split into two groups with ENPPI currently playing in group 1.
- ENPPI finished 8th last season in the Egyptian League.
- This will be the first meeting between the two sides.