The AmaKhosi will look to secure all three points against the Chilli Boys before facing their arch-rivals Orlando Pirates on Saturday afternoon
Mvalo, Mabizela, Kubheka, Carelse
Zongo, Tomonyane, Ntombayetheti, Sali
Masilela, Matoho, Mashaimaite, Gaxa
Lebese, Letsholonyane, Katsande, Tshabalala
Kaizer Chiefs will target a comprehensive win against a struggling Chippa United on Wednesday night, during a PSL clash in Cape Town between two teams on the opposite ends of the spectrum this season.
Chiefs next play Orlando Pirates in the Soweto Derby on Saturday, which could prove to be a sufficient distraction for the current league leaders. But Stuart Baxter will urge his team to focus on the task at hand, as they face a side desperate for points and at the foot of the PSL log.
Going into the match following a 1-1 draw against Bidvest Wits, Chiefs will search for more potency in front of goal and Baxter will want his team to put the league strugglers to the sword in Cape Town.
However, the coach has described the match as a “challenge” and will not underestimate the Chilli Boys.
“I would be very disappointed if we don’t get ourselves mentally prepared for the game and give a good performance,” Baxter said about the match.
Chippa United have shown little faith in their coaching department this season, with Wilfred Mugeyi the latest coach under pressure to perform. Mugeyi has gained the services of Benjani Mwaruwari which may prove to be Chippa’s saving grace if they are to stave off relegation this season and the former Manchester City striker could make his debut against Chiefs.
The Chippa coach will most likely target a point against Kaizer Chiefs, even though he wants his team to create more opportunities in front of goal.
“The problem is that we need to create more chances and score more goals. At the moment that’s just not happening consistently enough,” he told reporters.
“There are still lots of points to play for and we will fight to the end.”
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Goals from Tefu Mashaimaite and Lehlonoholo Majoro saw off Chippa United in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
- Kaizer Chiefs hold the best goal difference this term of 23.
- Chippa United sit in last place on the PSL log with 16 points after 20 games.
- This is only the second encounter between these two teams in the history of the PSL.
- Chippa United last won a game in mid-February, a 3-1 victory against fellow strugglers Black Leopards.
- Chiefs next play Pirates in the Soweto Derby, which was sold out in record time and is easily one of the most eagerly anticipated derbies due to the two sides' competitiveness this season.