Black Leopards will entertain Sundowns in what promises to be a thrilling encounter at the Peter Mokaba Stadium on Tuesday night
Sundowns are still hoping for the top eight finish and nothing less than the three points will edge them closer to their dream.
Leopards find themselves in a relegation zone and they certainly need more points than their opponents if they are to avoid the chop.
This will be a test of character for Pitso Mosimane’s team that has been under a lot of pressure this season, but their last result against Free State Stars could mean trouble for the Limpopo-based outfit.
Leopards will put their faith on captain Mongezi Bobe and the Brazilian target Rodney Ramagalela, but the duo will have a stiff competition from Esrom Nyandoro and Alje Schut respectively.
Black Leopards are currently 16th on the log with 23 points from 27 games and a win against Sundowns will lift them up to 15th, a point behind Ajax Cape Town.
Sundowns are 11th with 32 points from 27 games and could move one place up to 10th and closer to the top eight teams.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sundowns are the second worst scoring team in the league having scored 23 goals. Only AmaZulu have scored fewer goals than them (20).
- Leopards have never beaten Sundowns in their last four meetings.
- Both Leopards and Sundowns have never drawn against each.
- In head-to-heads stats, Leopard and Sundowns have met 11 times since 2004, with Sundowns winning eight compared to Leopards’ three.
- Sundowns beat Leopards 1-0 in the reverse fixture, thanks to Katlego Mphela’s 22nd minute strike.