Black Leopards coach Abel Makhubela will have to change his strategy when his team hosts in-form Golden Arrows at the Old Peter Makaba Stadium on Wednesday night
In their last encounter, they had a chance to win against Maritzburg United. But United made a huge comeback in the dying minutes to steal a 2-1 victory.
Coming into this match, Leopards goalkeeper Bruce Mtshali is one youngster that has been key for the Leopards team. Despite not having a good start, his last performance against United showed a lot of maturity making excellent saves.
Striker Nkosiyabo Xakane scored against United and is one of the players that will be pushing hard in front to help the team comeback with full points.
Arrows are coming into this match with more reasons to smile after winning their home game against Free State Stars on Saturday. In their last encounter it was their captain Thanduyise Khuboni who displayed leadership by scoring the only goal of the match.
Former AmaZulu player Sibusiso Hadebe has been in fine form recently and this time around he is one player that is due to give the visitor’s a hard time in the middle of the park.
Up front Thamsanqa Gabuza and Bongi Ntuli are expected to give Mtshali a true test as they are better known for striking powerful shots in the 18 yard box.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Black Leopards have never won a single PSL match in 2013.
- In their last four matches they have only managed to score three goals and conceded ten.
- Golden Arrows have not lost a match this year playing away from home.
- Last time these two teams met, they played to a 0-0 draw.
- In their last three matches eight goals have been scored against each other.