A vital PSL match for Ajax Cape Town and Black Leopards will take place in Polokwane on Tuesday night
Khoza, Kwena, Ntshingila, Kamhuka
Nkambule, Bobe, Ramahuma, Madimba
AJAX CAPE TOWN
Hlatshwayo, Lebusa, Mokeke, Lolo
Losper,Graham, Dolly, Nale
Ajax Cape Town will need to brace themselves for a tough battle against PSL relegation rivals Black Leopards on Tuesday evening.
Following a 2-2 draw against Orlando Pirates in Cape Town, the Urban Warriors currently sit on 23 points from 24 games, merely three points above their opponents Black Leopards.
The match could prove to be decisive in determining which of the two sides will survive the drop this season, as a win for Ajax will see the Urban Warriors climb six points above the relegation zone.
Despite Black Leopards' continued poor form this season, Ajax coach Jan Versleijen believes that the match will be more difficult than his side's last PSL encounter against Orlando Pirates. Ajax missed many chances to defeat the Buccaneers and had to settle for a stalemate.
“This game will be more difficult than others we've had to play. When Pirates came to Cape Town, they tried to make something out of the game.” Versleijen said on the eve of the match.
“Our upcoming opponents will study our games very carefully and will try to stop us from playing football.”
Black Leopards have yet to win a game this year and were defeated 4-0 in their last PSL outing against Platinum Stars vanquishing them to eight losses in a row and 15th spot on the PSL standings.
The match against Ajax Cape Town will be their most important of the season. If Leopards fail to win they will have a mountain to climb in order to stave off relegation into the National First Division.
Neither side has reported any injury concerns, with boths squads fit and rearing to kick-off at the Peter Mokaba Stadium in Polokwane.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Ajax Cape Town's away form this season does not inspire much confidence, as the side has lost 7 of their 9 away fixtures.
- Head to Head, the Urban Warriors have defeated Black Leopards five times out of eleven meetings between the two sides.
- The reverse fixture this season ended with Leopards snatching a 1-0 win at the Cape Town Stadium.
- Khama Billiat remains Ajax Cape Town's top scorer this term with four goals, while Rodney Ramagelela is Black Leopards best goal scorer with seven goals.
- The last time Ajax Cape Town defeated Black Leopards was in 2011, a 4-3 win at home.