AmaZulu will be hoping to bounce back when they take on Bloemfontein Celtic at the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Wednesday night
AmaZulu are coming into this match after having lost to the University Of Pretoria 3-1 in an away fixture. This was USuthu's first loss this year which has been a mark improvement.
AmaZulu will once again play without their midfielder Marc Van Heerden and Carlington Nyadombo. On the other side of the field they will welcome back Andile Khumalo, who will make his return following a long illness that saw him missing most of the games.
This match will be very crucial for the home team as they are sitting in position 13 of the Premier Soccer League with 25 points.
The Celtic game is expected to produce attacking football from both sides as the visitors are keen to go home with three points in the bag. In the last four matches that they have played, Celtic have not won any matches.
Celtic will travel without striker Lerato Manzini who injured himself and has been ruled out for the season. Another player out is winger Joel Mogorosi.
All is not lost as Letladi Madubanya, who twisted his knee against Kaizer Chiefs, will be available in this match according to the head of the medical team at Bloemfontein Celtic, Jantho Greyling.
A key player in this match could be midfielder Kurt Lentjies who recovered from a hamstring injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last time the two teams met, it was Celtic that won 1-0 thanks to a goal that came from Lerato Manzini.
- AmaZulu have won nine of their 20 home matches against Celtic, suffering five defeats in the process.
- AmaZulu and Celtic have met 43 times before.
- The Bloemfontein side has recorded seven wins, two draws and three losses from 12 home matches this season.
- Celtic have not won in their last four matches that they have played.