- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Barcelona - Granada Preview: Free-scoring Blaugrana aim to extend 100 per cent Liga record
Tito Vilanova's side return to domestic action against the Andalusian outfit, following a hard-fought win over Spartak Moscow in their Champions League opener on Wednesday
By Karthick Arvinth
Alves, Song, Mascherano, Alba
Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas
Tello, Messi, Sanchez
Nyom, Lopez, Gomez, Siqueira
Iriney, M Rico
Torje, Orellana, El-Arabi
Barcelona will be without Gerard Pique for Saturday's Primera Division encounter with Granada at Camp Nou.
The centre-back sprained his ankle in the Champions League win over Spartak Moscow and will join captain Carles Puyol (knee) and midfielder Andres Iniesta (hamstring) on the sidelines.
Alex Song is set to be drafted in as replacement for Pique, while Jordi Alba is expected to return after recovering from a bout of flu.
Granada strikers Antonio Floro Flores and Darwin Machis are both expected to be fit for the trip to Catalonia, despite sustaining knocks in the 1-1 draw with Deportivo La Coruna.
Borja Gomez returns from suspension but Odion Ighalo, Fran Rico, Hassan Yebda, Manolo Lucena and Roberto are all out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Barcelona have won all their four matches in La Liga to date but have kept just one clean sheet.
- A Lionel Messi hat-trick propelled the Catalan side to a 5-3 win in the corresponding fixture last season.
- With his double against Spartak Moscow, Messi (pictured right) extended his Champions League tally to 53 goals. That total is only bettered by Andriy Shevchenko (59), Ruud van Nistelrooy (60) and Raul (71).
- Granada are still searching for their first win of the season after two draws and two defeats in their four fixtures.
- The Andalusian side have won just one of their last 11 matches away from home in La Liga (W1, D1, L9).
- Granada have scored just one goal in their last six away games.
Top 3 Predictions
Barcelona 5-0 Granada
- 17.71 %
Barcelona 4-0 Granada
- 12.38 %
Barcelona 3-0 Granada
- 11.4 %
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||16 Feb 2013||Granada 1 - Barcelona 2|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||22 Sep 2012||Barcelona 2 - Granada 0|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||20 Mar 2012||Barcelona 5 - Granada 3|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||25 Oct 2011||Granada 0 - Barcelona 1|
|19 May 2013||Barcelona 2 - Valladolid 1||LIGA|
|12 May 2013||Atletico Madrid 1 - Barcelona 2||LIGA|
|05 May 2013||Barcelona 4 - Betis 2||LIGA|
|01 May 2013||Barcelona 0 - Bayern Munich 3||UCL|
|27 Apr 2013||Athletic de Bilbao 2 - Barcelona 2||LIGA|
|13||José Pinto Colorado||Goalkeeper|
|83||Antonio Floro Flores||Striker|
|15||Youssef El Arabi||Striker|
Times In SAST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed