West Ham - Manchester City Preview: Hammers looking to exploit weakened visitors
Sam Allardyce's side slipped to a disappointing defeat away at Wigan last week, but they may fancy their chances on account of the Premier League champions' current injury woes
By Tom J Doyle
Reid, Demel, Collins, McCartney
Benayoun, Noble, Diame, Nolan, Jarvis
Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Barry, Y Toure
Nasri, Tevez, Silva
Guy Demel should be back for West Ham after recovering from a hip injury, but forward Ricardo Vaz Te (shoulder) is not expected back until January.
Jack Collison (knee), Alou Diarra (thigh) and Matthew Taylor (calf) all remain out for the foreseeable future.
Manchester City have a number of defensive concerns, in particular the news Micah Richards (knee) will be out for up to four months.
Maicon (ankle) and Aleksandar Kolarov (ankle) are likely to miss out for the visitors, as are Javi Garcia (thigh) and Jack Rodwell (hamstring) who can also fill in at the back.
Pablo Zabaleta (hamstring) should feature for the away side, and will slot in at right-back to ease Mancini's worries.
David Silva is expected to return, while James Milner will serve his one-match ban for his dismissal against QPR last Saturday.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- West Ham have conceded in each of their last five Premier League games, shipping eight goals.
- Kevin Nolan has scored four goals this season, with every strike coming at home.
- West Ham have beaten Manchester City in two of their last six Premier League meetings at Upton Park.
- The past four Premier League games between the sides has seen each team score at least once.
- The first Premier League meeting between the sides at Upton Park ended 3-1 to the home side in 1993.
- Edin Dzeko (pictured) has the fewest Premier League minutes (281) of any City striker, but has scored five goals - one short of the combined total of Carlos Tevez, Sergio Aguero and Mario Balotelli.
Top 3 Predictions
West Ham United 0-3 Manchester City
- 16.53 %
West Ham United 1-3 Manchester City
- 11.69 %
West Ham United 0-2 Manchester City
- 11.16 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||19 Oct 2013||West Ham United 1 - Manchester City 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||27 Apr 2013||Manchester City 2 - West Ham United 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||03 Nov 2012||West Ham United 0 - Manchester City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||01 May 2011||Manchester City 2 - West Ham United 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||11 Dec 2010||West Ham United 1 - Manchester City 3|
|West Ham United|
|18 Dec 2013||Tottenham 1 - West Ham United 2||CCUP|
|14 Dec 2013||West Ham United 0 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|07 Dec 2013||Liverpool 4 - West Ham United 1||EPL|
|03 Dec 2013||Crystal Palace 1 - West Ham United 0||EPL|
|30 Nov 2013||West Ham United 3 - Fulham 0||EPL|
Times In SAST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed