The Brazilians have done well away from home so far, and that should be a worrying factor for the Urban Warriors who are yet to register their first win of the season
The Urban Warriors are still in search of their first win of the season having lost two of their three opening games, but the Sundowns game could be what they need to turn the corner.
However, Sundowns are unbeaten so far this season and that could make things even harder for Ajax to get a result although playing at home could work to their advantage.
Pitso Mosimane’s well assembled squad is expected to dictate the game from the onset, but a lack of composure in front of goal has been their downfall.
Despite starting their campaign with three goals against Bloem Celtic in the opening game, Sundowns went on to score two goals in their last two games.
All eyes will be on Khama Billiat who returns to Cape Town to face his former employers for the first time since making his multimillion move to Sundowns last month.
Ajax Cape Town’s new kid Brandon Petersen is expected to build on his great performance against Bidvest Wits last Friday. It seems like Ajax’s goalkeeping problems are over with Petersen between the sticks.
Eleazer Rodgers will play no part in tonight’s clash, because he is on loan from Sundowns, and Nathan Paulse is expected to lead their attack.
The Urban Warriors are currently 14th on the log with one point after three games while Sundowns find themselves 3rd with seven points from three games.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
· Ajax Cape Town are without a win in their opening three games.
· Sundowns have scored five goals in their first three games of the season.
· In head-to-head stats, Ajax and Sundowns have met 21 times since 2005, each winning eight while five games ended in draws.
· Dove Wome is Downs’ leading goalscorer with two goals this season.
· Manyama and Eleazer Rodgers are the only players to have scored for Ajax so far.