SuperSport United are more than pleased to visit Maritzburg United on Saturday in the Nedbank Cup clash with their playmaker Mor Diouf back in the team
The visitors will be hoping to use the experience and knowledge of Diouf who at some stage played for Maritzburg United. This time the player will have to meet his former teammates when they battle it out at the Harry Gwala Stadium.
Although it was the visitors that knocked out the home team in the Telkom Cup last year, things are expected to be much tougher this time.
The experience of Sibusiso Zuma who is a former International player and hails from KwaZulu-Natal could help the club settle into the local conditions.
With the inform Ronwen Williams in goal, this surely means that Maritzburg strikers will have to be more than creative and make sure they utilize all the opportunities they get.
The experience of Delron Buckley will count in this match as he is able to change the pace of the game. He is expected to be assisted by Dillon Sheppard up front. Both players have made it very difficult for defenders and midfielders as they are comfortable with the ball on the ground.
Orlando Smeekes returns for the home team. A victory for the defending champions will move them to the semifinal of this lucrative competition.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- It was SuperSport that won the last cup match between these two teams
- It will be the second time that these two teams will be meeting in the Nedbank
- Maritzburg United will be coming to this match in form after having won all three of their last league matches
- SuperSport United are the defending Champions of this Cup
- Mor Diouf will be playing against his former club