- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Kaizer Chiefs – Polokwane City Preview: Polokwane City determined to upset Chiefs
Kaizer Chiefs will play host to NFD side Polokwane City in the last 16 of the Nedbank Cup at the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Saturday night
By Ernest Makhaya
Kaizer Chiefs will look to end their Nedbank Cup misery against minnows when the take on Polokwane City in the last 16 of the same competition on Saturday night.
Amakhosi face the unknown Polokwane City team that has made so much impression in the NFD so far this season. City are in their debut season in the first division and will look to cause an upset against the high flying Chiefs side.
The team from Polokwane ran riot in their last Nedbank Cup match, scoring a whopping seven goals to go through to the last 16 of the tournament. However, it is not going to be easy against Chiefs, more especially in front of their home fans.
Polokwane City have familiar faces in their squad and that includes former Mamelodi Sundowns midfielder Koketso Mmotong and former Jomo Cosmos striker Esau Kanyenda who will both want to expose Chiefs defence that has done so well this season.
However, Sboniso Gaxa and Tsepo Masilela are both expected to keep Mmotong and Kanyenda at bay, as they will be hoping to avoid any upset from another NFD side. Amakhosi have over the years struggled against lowly ranked teams in this competition, but their recent form should leave Polokwane City with plenty of unanswered questions.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
· Polokwane City have scored nine goals in their past two games of this year’s tournament and conceded only two.
· Amakhosi have not conceded a single goal in the 2013 Nedbank Cup tournament and have scored three goals in the process.
· The last time a National First Division side made it to the final was when Tuks played Swallows in 2009.
· Chiefs are not so lucky against the Limpopo-based sides in the Nedbank Cup having lost to Baroka FC the last time they played the team from Limpopo.
· Polokwane City beat Island FC 7-2 away from home, while Chiefs knocked Bidvest Wits out of the competition with a 3-0 win in their last 32 matches respectively.
Top 3 Predictions
Kaizer Chiefs 3-0 Polokwane City
- 26.83 %
Kaizer Chiefs 4-0 Polokwane City
- 12.2 %
Kaizer Chiefs 2-1 Polokwane City
- 12.2 %
|South Africa - Nedbank Cup (NBC)||16 Mar 2013||Kaizer Chiefs 2 - Polokwane City 0|
|18 May 2013||Pretoria University FC 1 - Kaizer Chiefs 0||PSL|
|15 May 2013||Kaizer Chiefs 1 - SuperSport United FC 1||PSL|
|04 May 2013||Kaizer Chiefs 2 - United FC 1||NBC|
|01 May 2013||Ajax Cape Town FC 3 - Kaizer Chiefs 1||PSL|
|28 Apr 2013||Kaizer Chiefs 0 - Platinum Stars FC 0||PSL|