West Ham loan Byram to Nottingham Forest
West Ham have sent 24-year-old Sam Byram to Nottingham Forest on loan, the club have announced.
Byram has played 36 times for the club since joining in 2016.
Silva defends Everton spending
Marco Silva has defended Everton's activity in the transfer market, citing Jordan Pickford as an example of how the club can be rewarded for their willingness to spend big.
The £40m arrival of Richarlison caused a stir among fans and neutrals alike, but the boss pointed to his No.1 keeper as proof that faith pays off.
Sevilla reach Andre Silva agreement
Sevilla and AC Milan have reached an agreement that will see Andre Silva move to La Liga on a one-year loan deal.
Goal understands that the Andalucian team have agreed a loan transfer worth an estimated €5 million, with a purchase option also included in the deal.
Sevilla will have the opportunity to sign Silva on a permanent basis in return for a fee of €30m (£26.8m/$34.2m) prior to June 30 next year.
Zaza close to Torino
Simone Zaza is closing in on a move to Torino, according to Football Italia.
It is said that Michy Batshuayi's arrival at Valencia has freed up the striker to move, with the Turin side having been a keen admirer for some time.
Stop moaning, start coaching!
Jose Mourinho has been urged by Tim Sherwood and Liam Rosenior to stop complaining about Manchester United's transfer policies and make the best out of the players he has.
"I'm looking over at Man City and seeing what Guardiola is doing with Otamendi who didnt play anywhere near the level until Guardiola came in,” Rosenoir said.
“Part of coaching is getting the best from your players and I need to see that from Manchester United.”
Benitez & Lascelles praise Newcastle business
Rafa Benitez and Jamaal Lascelles have joined managing director Lee Charley in penning a letter praising Newcastle's summer business.
Benitez had been critical of the club earlier in the summer window but has since changed his tune, stating that he is happy with the Magpies' signings.
Perisic still hopeful of Modric signing?
Ivan Perisic has appeared to remain hopeful that Inter will sign Luka Modric.
Posting on Instagram, the Croatian welcomed the arrival of countryman Sime Vrsaljko with the caption 'Who is missing?'
Pep frustrated by Douglas Luiz permit denial
Pep Guardiola has been left frustrated by the decision not to award young midfielder Douglas Luiz with a work permit.
The 20-year-old had been tipped to play back-up to Fernandinho, but it appears likely the Brazilian will now go back out on loan.
Everton sign Zouma
Modric makes decision on future
Croatian will stay at the Santiago Bernabeu on new terms
Luka Modric has made the decision to stay at Real Madrid, AS reports, with the Croatian now set to make the same as captain Sergio Ramos.
It had been said that Modric was tempted by the offer of a guaranteed six-year deal offered by the owners of Inter Milan and Jiangsu Suning – a four-year deal in Italy, followed by two in China.
Madrid, however, have offered Modric improved terms to stay, which, according to the report, had been the 32-year-old's preferred option the whole time.
Valencia snap up Batshuayi
Valencia have completed the capture of Belgian striker Michy Batshuayi from Chelsea on a year-long loan deal.
The 24-year-old, a member of the Red Devils squad that finished third at this year’s World Cup in Russia, departs Stamford Bridge for Mestalla after being deemed surplus to requirements.
A less-than-stellar window for Man City
Gerrard cools Solanke talk
Rangers manager Steve Gerrard has dismissed speculation surrounding an attempt to sign Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke, per The Scottish Sun.
Gerrard had been linked with a deal for the 20 year-old forward, who made 27 appearances for the Reds last season, but has now poured cold water on a prospective move to Glasgow.
He would however not rule out any other potential new arrivals on loan from either the Premier League or the EFL at Ibrox.
Batshuayi headed for Valencia loan
Chelsea’s Michy Batshuayi looks set to depart Stamford Bridge on loan to Valencia, according to El Desmarque.
The Belgium international, who played at this year’s World Cup as the Red Devils finished third, is understood to have been told by new Blues boss Maurizio Sarri that he will be unlikely to see regular game time.
Valencia are believed to have beaten out several European rivals for the striker, including fellow La Liga outfit Sevilla.
🦇 ...— Michy Batshuayi (@mbatshuayi) August 10, 2018
A fruitful transfer window for Liverpool
Milan consider swoop for Promes
Milan are mulling over an approach for Spartak Moscow striker Quincy Promes, according to gianlucadimarzio.com.
Promes, a Dutch international, began his career at FC Twente before moving to the Russian capital in 2014.
He has since scored 64 goals in 127 games for the club, and won both the Russian Premier League and Russian Super Cup in 2017.
Premier League transfers: who won and lost?
Theo Hernandez joins Real Sociedad
🚨 DONE DEAL 🚨
Real Madrid have allowed defender Theo Hernandez to join Real Sociedad on loan!
Hazard Real Madrid move now 'impossible'
Sarri says star man is staying put
Maurizio Sarri is convinced that Eden Hazard wants to stay at the club and says it is "impossible" he will be sold now.
The Blues boss has revealed he has had several conversations with Hazard and that he has given no indication that he wants out of the club.
Top 20 Premier League deals of the summer
Celtic recapture Honduras' Izaguirre
Foxes striker Ulloa leaves for Pachuca
Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa has left the club to join Mexican top-tier side Pachuca.
The Argentine forward made 102 appearances for the Foxes after signing in 2014 and was a member of their Premier League-winning campaign in 2015-16.
However, he has struggled for regular game time since at the King Power Stadium and spent the latter half of last season on loan at Brighton and Hove Albion.
Milinkovic-Savic remains on Real and Juve radar
Serbia international Sergej Milinkovic-Savic remains a top target for Real Madrid and Juventus, according to Tuttosport.
The 23-year-old had been a target for Manchester United too, but with the Red Devils now out of the running due to the Premier League transfer deadline having passed, it is Los Blancos and the Bianconeri who continue to seek the midfielder’s services.
Milinkovic-Savic reported for training with Lazio following the World Cup last month however and has previously indicated that he will remain at the Serie A club.
Schindler commits future to Terriers
Get used to watching Schindy in a Town shirt!— Huddersfield Town (@htafcdotcom) August 10, 2018
📝 #htafc is delighted to announce that Christopher Schindler has signed a new contract with the Club that runs until the summer of 2021, with a Club option on a further season.
Full details ➡️ https://t.co/bbcU3Aas9y
Manager Hodgson pens Palace extension
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson has signed a one-year extension with the club that will keep him at Selhurst Park until the end of the 2019-20 season.
Hodgson penned a two-year deal with his boyhood club in September, replacing Frank de Boer, and guided the Eagles to an 11th-place finish in the Premier League last season.
The 71-year-old Croydon native formerly managed Blackburn, Fulham, Liverpool and West Bromwich Albion in the top flight, as well as the England national team between 2012 and 2016.
Man Utd's transfer window 'desperate'
PSG chasing Barca's Dembele
France international in demand
Paris Saint-Germain are mooting a late transfer window bid for Barcelona forward and World Cup winner Ousmane Dembele, reports Sport.
The 21-year-old was previously linked with Arsenal, but ruled out a move to the Emirates Stadium earlier this week, stating his intention to remain at Camp Nou.
PSG however are hopeful of luring him to Ligue 1, where he would link up with France team-mate Kylian Mbappe and Brazil striker Neymar to form arguably the strongest attack in club football.
Ozil to 'make his mark' at Arsenal, says Keown
Guedes poised for Valencia switch
Goncalo Guedes looks set to secure his preferred move to Valencia from Paris Saint-Germain now that the Premier League transfer window is closed, per Marca.
The 21-year-old was the subject of a sizeable bid from an unnamed English top-flight team – rumoured to be Watford – but it is thought he rejected the move on Wednesday.
Guedes has not been shy about his desire to move to Mestalla and now may be on his way if Valencia are willing to match the €40m (£36m/$46m) price tag PSG want for the Portugal international.
Courtois: Real move 'dream come true'
Rebic pens new Frankfurt deal
Croatia World Cup star had been linked with Bayern and Man Utd
Ante Rebic has ended talk of a potential move away from Eintracht Frankfurt after penning a new contract with the Bundesliga club that takes him through to 2022.
The Croatia international had been linked with a transfer to German champions Bayern Munich and Premier League outfit Manchester United.
But the 24-year-old winger, who featured for his country in the World Cup final defeat to France earlier this year in Russia, is instead staying put at Commerzbank-Arena.
New signing Kepa not feeling the heat at Chelsea
Barca still keen on Pogba
Man Utd star still in the sights of La Liga holders
Paul Pogba could yet depart Manchester United for Barcelona before the end of August, reports Mundo.
The France international and World Cup winner’s relationship with Red Devils boss Jose Mourinho is considered to be lukewarm at best and the 25-year-old is still said to want to leave Old Trafford, despite being contracted through to 2021.
Barca saw a rumoured offer of £45m (€50m/$58m), plus the duo of Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes in part exchange, turned down, but believe they can still capture Pogba’s signature before the close of the continental transfer window.
United seek trio in new year
Manchester United could consider launching a trio of bids for Tottenham’s Toby Alderweireld, Chelsea’s Willian and even former forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic come January’s transfer window, according to Express Sport.
Alderweireld and Willian were both heavily linked with moves to Old Trafford during the off-season, but the Red Devils failed to offer bids for either during the off-season and have now missed out with the current window closed.
Jose Mourinho’s side may however look to bring the pair to Sir Matt Busby Way in the new year, with a potential deal for LA Galaxy striker Ibrahimovic also mooted.
City foiled by Douglas permit rejection
Manchester City will be forced to send out Brazilian midfielder Douglas Luiz on loan again this season after the FA refused the club a work permit, reports The Sun.
The 20-year-old, who City bought from Vasco de Gama in July last year, spent the 2017-18 campaign out on loan at Girona.
However, as he failed to make enough appearances at the Liga club, the Premier League champions have seen their application for a permit rejected by the Football Association, leaving coach Pep Guardiola “infuriated”.
Chelsea fear Hazard will "jump ship"
Chelsea fear that Real Madrid could still poach Eden Hazard from them, with the star said to “relish the chance to jump ship”, per the Express.
The Champions League holders yesterday completed the protracted transfer of Blues goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, with Mateo Kovacic going the other way on loan.
However, Maurizio Sarri’s side are still wary of the Belgium international following Courtois to the Spanish capital, after he urged Hazard to join him at Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.
Ronaldo steers Sturaro to Sporting
Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro may be on his way to Portugal to link up Sporting CP, in a move brokered by new Bianconeri star Cristiano Ronaldo.
The 25-year-old, who has made 90 appearances for Juve, has often found himself on the fringes of the squad since joining from Genoa in 2014, and had been linked with a move to Watford.
Now however, Goal understands that Ronaldo, his agent Jorge Mendes and former Sporting star Paulo Futre are looking to secure him a transfer to the Portuguese side where the former spent five years before joining Manchester Untied in 2003.
United snubbed Maguire chance last year
Manchester United apparently passed on the chance to land transfer target Harry Maguire ahead of Leicester City last season for £15m ($19m), according to the Telegraph.
Maguire, who is currently valued by his club at around £75m ($96m) was of interest to the Red Devils a year ago before Jose Mourinho plumped for Victor Lindelof as his defensive option.
The 25-year-old instead joined the Foxes from Hull City for £12m ($15m) and enjoyed a fine season at club and international level, including a standout showing at the World Cup in Russia for England.
Premier League Deadline Day recap
So, there we have it. Deadline day is officially OVER (in the Premier League at least!). Manchester United and Tottenham fans, look away now.
Here’s a recap of the biggest deals completed by English top-flight clubs yesterday on their last day of transfer action…
Mourinho claims to be 'happy' with squad
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho insisted he is happy with his squad heading into the Premier League season, despite the club's failure to meet his transfer demands.
A lack of new faces has been the source of Mourinho's frustration during pre-season and the deadline offered no relief as the Red Devils were unable to secure his reported targets.
But Mourinho – preparing for his third campaign at United – is ready to enjoy 2018-19 following a runners-up finish last term.
Brexit to blame for Spurs transfer window?
Mauricio Pochettino has hinted the cost to build Tottenham's new stadium, inflated by Brexit, may have influenced the club's lack of signings this window.
The Spurs boss praised the club for keeping their stars, including Harry Kane this summer, and claimed to be happy with his squad.
He then added about how the true cost of the club's new stadium is much more than has been reported, and claimed Brexit is to blame.
Zouma to have Everton loan finalised Friday
Kurt Zouma will have his season-long loan to Everton from Chelsea ratified on Friday, reports the Daily Mail.
The Toffees just got the move in ahead of Thursday's 5 PM deadline and then completed the necessary paperwork before the secondary 7 PM cut off.
Mourinho insists Pogba 'happy and proud' at Man Utd
Jose Mourinho insisted Paul Pogba is happy to be back at Manchester United following France's World Cup victory, despite reports linking the midfielder with a move to Barcelona and Juventus.
La Liga champions Barca are reportedly interested in taking Pogba to Camp Nou, with the transfer window still open until August 31 for most of Europe's major leagues, while former club Juve have also been linked.
However, the Red Devils do not plan to let Pogba leave, and Mourinho has insisted the midfielder is content to remain, despite their conflicts in the past.
Real Madrid to meet with Modric
A Friday meeting has been set as club tries to keep their star happy
Real Madrid officials will meet with Luka Modric's representatives on Friday amid reports of Inter's interest, reports Marca.
The Serie A club have been linked with a blockbuster move for the Croatia star, but Madrid have denied any interest in parting with him.
The club and Modric's representatives will meet to discuss a new contract, in hopes of ending another possible standoff following Cristiano Ronaldo's departure.
Grealish to be offered new contract
Aston Villa will offer coveted midfielder Jack Grealish a new contract that will double his wages, reports the Daily Star.
Grealish was pursued by Tottenham, but the Championship club managed to hold onto Grealish past the close of the English transfer window.
His new contract will also contain a clause allowing him to leave the club if Villa do not achieve promotion this season.
Man Utd would have paid £100m for Varane
The Red Devils would have spent big for the right targets
Manchester United's lack of transfer activity did not have to do with funds, as the Red Devils would have paid £100 million ($128m) for Real Madrid defender Raphaël Varane, reports the Guardian.
United chairman Ed Woodward met with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez but nothing ended up coming of the meeting.
The club also would have been willing to bring in Diego Godin despite his age, but it was deemed the player did not wish to leave the club.
Mourinho told to emulate Man City
Manchester United chairman Ed Woodward has told Jose Mourinho he needs to emulate local rivals City's policies of buying younger stars, reports the Mirror.
Mourinho's preferred targets included a pair of 29-year-old players, Toby Alderweireld and Ivan Perisic, but the club did not feel they could spend big on players with no resale value.
Instead, United would prefer Mourinho avoid short-term fixes and work with players already on the roster, like Anthony Martial.
PSG target Leverkusen's Wendell
Paris Saint-Germain are targeting Bayer Leverkusen left-back Wendell, according to Sport1.
Thomas Tuchel has identified Wendell as a player he wants to sign, but Leverkusen is not interested in selling.
Further complicating matters for PSG is the fact the club need to sell players before buying as a result of Financial Fair Play rules.