Brisbane Roar head coach John Aloisi has ruled his club out of the race to signs Robbie Keane.
Former Republic of Ireland international Keane has been heavily linked with a move to the A-League after leaving LA Galaxy, with Western Sydney Wanderers and Melbourne Victory's coaches both expressing interest in his signature.
But Aloisi, who played alongside Keane at Coventry City, insists side will not be able to firm up any interest in the 36-year-old.
"I said [last week] I hadn't spoken to him," he said on Friday at a press conference.
"I haven't spoken to the owners, but we won't be pursuing him.
"We'd love to [he's a] top player, and I think he'll be great for the A-League if someone does get him, but we won't be able to get him."
|WATCH: Victory coy on Keane|
|Wanderers 'certainly' interested in Keane|
|Keane joins Gerrard in leaving LA Galaxy|
Brisbane's managing director Mark Kingsman had previously claimed Roar would make an offer for Keane.
Western Sydney appear the most likely destination for Keane if he does decide to move to Australia, with Wanderers coach Tony Popovic confirming his club would have a look at the striker.
Victory boss Kevin Muscat has also hinted at potentially signing his former Wolves team-mate.
While there has been plenty of speculation that Keane could end up in the A-League, the man himself stated last month that he would "100 per cent" stay in MLS in 2017 regardless of whether it was at Galaxy or not.