Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that the 29-year-old will not be risked and has called on his players to produce a big performance to beat Barcelona
The Portuguese star limped off during the 3-0 Champions League quarterfinal first-leg win over Borussia Dortmund earlier this month.
He subsequently missed the league meetings with Real Sociedad and Almeria and was an unused substitute in the return game with Jurgen Klopp's side.
And coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that the 29-year-old will not be risked against the Catalans at Mestalla on Wednesday.
"We won't risk it with Cristiano so he won't play. He will train tomorrow then travel to Valencia to see the game," he said at his press conference.
"I found out that I can't count on Cristiano this morning. We can do well tomorrow despite the absence of some players."
Real Madrid lost twice to Barcelona in La Liga this season but Ancelotti is confident that his side can respond.
"We're not setting out to block the other team but to win with our own identity. We've gone a whole year playing the same way and we're going to continue," he said.