The Bayern Munich winger has snubbed his teammate in favor of the Real Madrid ace, and believes the final three-man shortlist is fully justified
Ribery helped Bayern to an unprecedented treble alongside Robben last season and has continued his irrepressible form into this campaign under new coach Pep Guardiola, earning him a place in the final three-man shortlist alongside Ronaldo and Barcelona's Lionel Messi.
However, Robben, who last year had a reported dressing-room bust-up with the Frenchman at halftime in the Champions League semifinal against Real Madrid, says it should be Ronaldo who is crowned this year's Ballon d'Or winner.
"I never had the award on my mind, even though I was nominated within the last 23 players," Robben told Voetbal International.
"It's always the same players who are left over: Ronaldo, Messi and now Ribery joins these two, which is fully justified.
"Because it's an individual award, I think it will go to Ronaldo. He really deserves it."
The winner of the award, which has been won by Messi for the last four years running, will be unveiled at a Gala in Zurich on Jan. 13.