The new Inter defender is confident that the Barcelona star will be back to his best after suffering an ankle injury, and believes fate led him to signing for the Nerazzurri.
Neymar is expected to miss Barca's La Liga opener against Elche on Sunday after suffering an ankle injury - just a week after the Brazil international recovered from a fractured vertebra that he sustained during his the World Cup quarterfinal against Colombia in July.
Despite having suffered two setbacks in as many months, Dodo – who previously played with Neymar in the Brazil Under-17 squad – is confident the 22-year-old will quickly be back to his best.
MORE: Balotelli in photos | Done deals | Hottest WAGs
"We are childhood friends," Dodo told Gazetta dello Sport. "At 8 years old, we played futsal together, we were neighbors. He's always been incredible.
"Now, after the accident, I know that he will be fine."
Dodo recently completed a 9 million euro move to Inter from Roma after having been deemed surplus to requirements following Ashley Cole's arrival at the Stadio Olimpico.
The defender, though, thanked Rudi Garcia for giving him opportunities in the first team last season and is now fully focused on restoring Inter's place at the top end of Serie A.
"At Roma, evidently they made other choices," he said. "Garcia? If he had not believed in me, I would not have played so much in red and yellow.
"It was fate that sooner or later I would come here [Inter]. Do not talk about the Scudetto, though. Now we just have to prepare for our first game in Serie A. Our dream, however, is to bring Inter back to the top."