Giuseppe Rossi's agent has revealed that the Fiorentina forward will be available for selection for next month's Coppa Italia final against Napoli.
The Italy international has been out of action since suffering knee ligament damage in January that had initially sparked fears that he would not only miss the rest of the season, but also this summer's World Cup in Brazil.
However, Rossi's representative, Andrea Pastorello, says that his client is already fit to play some part in the May 3 meeting with Napoli at the Stadio Olimpico, claiming that the 26-year-old could even make his eagerly-awaited comeback in Fiorentina's Serie A clash with Bologna this weekend.
"If we're talking about him being available for Saturday, it'd honestly be rushed but not impossible," the agent told the Gazzetta dello Sport.
"I see him more likely being called up for the Coppa Italia final. Indeed, that was the fixed target after the injury and that target will be met.
"Giuseppe will be ready for Rome. But then it will fall on him and [Fiorentina boss Vicenzo] Montella to determine the amount of time he can play.
"Right now, he has 30 minutes in his legs; in 10 days, it will be 45. Obviously it will ultimately have to be up to Montella to decide how suitable he is for such a game, but [the coach] knows that this is a player that can give a lot even in just a few minutes."
Pastorello also dismissed doubts that Rossi will not be match fit for the World Cup, which kicks off on June 12.
"If Giuseppe's progress continues as smoothly as it has done from January until today, I'd say that he will possibly arrive at the World Cup in a better physical condition than many others; better rested and with very high motivation," he argued.
Rossi, who had forced his way back into the Italy squad last year after recovering from two previous knee injuries, had been in sensational form before his latest setback, netting 14 times in Serie A for the Viola.