thumbnail Hello,

The Gialloblu's managing director says he is confident the club will soon complete a deal to bring in the Inter striker, with Ishak Belfodil heading the other way.

Parma managing director Pietro Leonardi has revealed the club's negotiations with Inter Milan over Antonio Cassano are close to completion.

Genoa president Enrico Preziosi acknowledged on Saturday that his club have lost the battle to sign the forward, leaving the way clear for the Gialloblu to finalize the deal.

According to FcInternews.it, Leonardi was relaxed about the prospect of Cassano joining the club, hinting there were only a few remaining issues to resolve and that an agreement had been reached with the Nerazzurri.

"There's not much to talk about, the operation has started and we are quite confident," Leonardi was quoted as saying. "But as is normal in these situations you have to put together all the components. Certainly there is a willingness on the part of everyone to arrive at the conclusion.

"I am not aware that Genoa might disturb the deal: we with Inter, from a corporate standpoint, have reached an agreement on everything and I do not think you want to sell the same player twice.

"The deal is quite advanced. We're working, we need calm. But there is a lot of confidence even though we have not yet reached an agreement, depends on many factors."

Parma celebrates its centenary this year, and Leonardi was keen to position the deal for Cassano, who has scored nine times in 39 games for Inter, as a present to the supporters.

"Why are we after Cassano who is 30-years-old and not a young person?" Leonardi said. "I think Cassano is an absolute talent who I have always wanted to work with. I do not want to hear about alternatives.

"Of course I would be happy if everything goes ahead and are very confident; however, there are sensitive issues that I can not reveal."

Follow GOAL.COM on

Related

From the web

From the web