After drawing five of their last six matches, the Old Lady will be hoping they can nab three points at the expense of the Grifoni on Sunday to keep the pressure on leaders AC Milan
Rossi, Roger, Kaladze, Moretti
Jankovic, Kucka, Biondini, Sculli
Lichtsteiner, Caceres, Vidal, De Ceglie
Marrone, Pirlo, Marchisio
Pepe, Borriello, Vucinic
With Luca Antonelli, Cesare Bovo and Andreas Granqvist all out, coach Pasquale Marino is forced to name a makeshift defense, as Roger Carvalho and Marco Rossi should fill in at center back and right back respectively to replace Granqvist and Giandomenico Mesto, who is to be dropped from the XI that drew 2-2 with Lecce last weekend.
However, the biggest news sees the return of Alberto Gilardino, who will partner Rodrigo Palacio up front for the Rossoblu. As a result, Giuseppe Sculli will be forced to play out on the left-hand side of midfield, despite his two-goal salvo against the Serie A strugglers.
Meanwhile for Juventus, it also has troubles at the back, with Leonardo Bonucci's suspension, incurred during the 1-1 draw with Bologna, only adding to the injury woes of key duo Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini. To compensate, expect Arturo Vidal to fill in alongside Martin Caceres at center back.
Fortunately for young midfielder Luca Marrone, he will be the biggest winner out of the Old Lady's current lack of numbers, as he is set to replace the Chilean in midfield. Also, regardless of his latest disappointing performance, Marco Borriello should be given the chance to redeem himself ahead of Alessandro Matri in attack.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Genoa has lost more times against Juventus than any other Serie A opponent.
- It has won just one of its last seven home games against Juventus.
- Genoa is also winless in its past five league fixtures, losing three of these.
- Juventus' Alessandro Matri has scored in both of his games against Genoa in a Bianconeri jersey.
- However, Antonio Conte's men have been held to a draw in five of its last six league games, including the last three.
- The Old Lady have also drawn six of their last eight away games in this campaign.