Rosi, Juan, Heinze, Taddei
Gago, De Rossi, Pjanic
Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu
Zanetti, Poli, Cambiasso, Nagatomo
After a disappointing 4-2 defeat to Cagliari, the positive news for Roma is that both influential midfielder Daniele De Rossi and powerful striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo have rejoined their team-mates in training. The former Espanyol man is still at least 10 days away from returning, but De Rossi may be in the starting XI versus the Nerazzurri, though his presence has yet to be confirmed. If the 2006 World Cup winner is still sidelined, Fabio Simplicio will take his place.
Meanwhile, the host's coach Luis Enrique looks set to pick Juan ahead of Simon Kjaer in the battle for the center back spot alongside Gabriel Heinze. Up front Fabio Borini, who has been finding his feet lately, will continue in the absence of the aforementioned Osvaldo. Defensive duo Marco Cassetti and Nicolas Burdisso remain sidelined, along with back-up goalkeeper Gianluca Curci.
For Inter, Wesley Sneijder has reassured his fans on Twitter he wants to make the game after suffering a minor knock during the 4-4 draw with Palermo and he is likely to support in-form striker Diego Milito.
Youngster Andrea Poli may pip new signing Angelo Palombo to a place in midfield. Another winter arrival, Fredy Guarin, will not be available for approximately 20 days. Starlet Marco Faraoni and veteran striker Diego Forlan could be available to coach Claudio Ranieri over the next couple of weeks, but will certainly not be ready for the clash in Rome. Dejan Stankovic's achilles problem continues to keep the Serbian out of the line up.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Roma has only beaten the Nerazzurri twice in its last eight attempts in all competitions.
- Borini has scored four goals in his last seven matches in all competitions.
- The Giallorossi have conceded 11 goals in 10 matches when playing at home this season.
- Inter has won just a single Serie A match this season when Sneijder has started, a 1-0 victory over Chievo Verona.
- Ranieri resigned from his post as Roma coach last February with this being the first time he will face his former side as Inter boss.
- After his quadruple against Palermo, Milito became the first Inter player to score four goals in one match since Christian Vieri in 2002.