The Swiss side has denied reports in the local media that Spurs have made contact with the 39-year-old with a view to succeeding the sacked Andre Villas-Boas at White Hart Lane.Basel has denied reports that Tottenham has lined up coach Murat Yakin to replace the sacked Andre Villas-Boas.
Reports in the Swiss media claim the London club has made an approach for Yakin, who was also quoted as saying he had been in contact with the Premier League outfit.
However, Basel president Bernhard Heusler has denied that Tottenham has made a move for the 39-year-old - also linked with Lazio - following the departure of Villas-Boas on Monday.
He told Swiss newspaper Blick: "There has been no contact between the clubs."
Despite Yakin being quoted on Tuesday as saying he had been approached by Tottenham, the former Switzerland defender has now denied making such a claim.
"I am enjoying my holidays," he said. "I have had no contact with Lazio or Tottenham."
Tim Sherwood will take charge of Tottenham's Capital One Cup quarterfinal against West Ham, with the club prepared to make the former midfielder the next permanent manager if he impresses during the interim.