Though the award-winning Gareth Bale has scored a league-high number of goals from outside the area, Andre Villas-Boas's men are struggling to keep it tight at the back
Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Holtby, Bale
Clyne, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Shaw
Davis, Schneiderlin, Cork
Lallana, Lambert, Rodriguez
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has a few first-team members missing for the visit of Southampton on Saturday but has no new injury concerns.
Brazilian midfielder Sandro (knee) is not expected to play again this season, while Younes Kaboul (also knee) and William Gallas (calf) are still doubtful.
Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino does not have many fitness issues with which to contend but two red cards last time out against West Brom have ensued selection problems.
Left back Danny Fox and Gaston Ramirez were both sent off in the defeat to Steve Clarke's team, meaning that neither will be available at White Hart Lane.
The Saints' only injury worry is Richard Chaplow (back) but he could make an appearance on the bench.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Out of the last 11 previous clashes between these two sides at White Hart Lane, Tottenham has won nine and lost just twice.
- Spurs have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last nine league matches.
- No other Premier League player has scored more goals from outside of the penalty area than Gareth Bale (pictured right). He has seven.
- Meanwhile, no other team has more goals scored from outside of the area than Spurs (12).
- Southampton has not conceded a goal away from home in league for 281 minutes.
- However, the club has only won two of its last 11 matches on the road.
- West Brom is the only side to beat Mauricio Pochettino's team in their last seven fixtures.