Scharner, Caldwell, Figueroa
Boyce, Gomez, McCarthy, Beausejour
McManaman, Kone, Maloney
Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto
Dempsey, Bale, Sigurdsson
Antolin Alcaraz (hamstring) went off injured in the first half of Wigan's defeat against West Ham, forcing Maynor Figueroa to move back into defense with Jean Beausejour playing at left wing back. With the Paraguayan defender still not recovered, Roberto Martinez may choose to play that set-up from the start.
This is partly due to long term absence of Spanish center back Ivan Ramis (anterior cruciate ligament), who will not play again this season. Ben Watson (broken leg) also remains on the sidelines, despite having resumed training. The midfielder scored the winning goal in November's reverse fixture at White Hart Lane.
Jermain Defoe could be preferred to Emmanuel Adebayor in attack for Tottenham, having come off the bench to score his first goal in 12 games against Manchester City last weekend.
Andre Villas-Boas confirmed that Aaron Lennon (knee) is in contention to play, but may have to make do with a place on the substitutes' bench, with Clint Dempsey continuing on the right. William Gallas (calf) and Younes Kaboul (thigh) remain sidelined, in Spurs' only other injury concerns.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Wigan has won just three of its last 15 Premier League games against Tottenham, losing seven.
- The Latics worst ever defeat was recorded against Spurs, losing 9-1 at White Hart Lane four years ago.
- Jermain Defoe (pictured right) has scored 10 goals in 12 Premier League appearances against Roberto Martinez's men, including five in that 9-1 thrashing.
- Clint Dempsey has scored more league goals against Wigan than against any other opponent (6).
- The hosts have the same number of points as they did after 33 games last season, when they went on to win four of the last five to secure survival.
- Martinez's side has scored the highest percentage of second half goals in this season’s top division (68%).
- Only champions Manchester United (14) has led on more occasions than Spurs (13) away from home this season.