The Frenchman has questioned the FA's decision not to take further action against the Wigan youngster, who did not even receive a yellow card for the dangerous challenge.Newcastle defender Massadio Haidara has expressed disbelief following the news that Callum McManaman will face no action from the FA over his horror challenge.
The Wigan attacker did not even receive a yellow card after connecting with the Frenchman's knee with his studs during Saturday's clash with between the sides at the DW Stadium. It was announced earlier this week that no retrospective action can be taken after officials claimed they had seen the incident, a situation which Haidara has described as "ridiculous."
"It is difficult to swallow. I don't understand. He could have smashed my career and my life and he will play football again before me," he told Le Parisien. "It is ridiculous. You have to protect the players. You cannot tolerate that in football. It ruins football. The authorities have to act."
Despite the nature of the challenge, the 20-year-old escaped with only serious bruising, however, he remains cautious about setting a return date.
"I don't know [when I will be back]" Haidara said. "I feel better but the doctors are being cautious. I don't want to go too fast. But, when I come back, I will be nervous - that is normal.
"I can't let this disrupt me too much. Mentally, I am strong. I am not going to stay down. I am going to pick myself up."