thumbnail Hello,

Demba Ba refuses to be cowed by prospect of Chelsea summer signings

The Senegal striker has vowed to put up a fight if the west London club brings in a new star striker in the off-season, and stated that he "will not be pushed around."

Demba Ba insists he is not worried by the prospect of competition from a big-money summer signing at Chelsea.

The 27-year-old moved to Stamford Bridge from Newcastle in January and has had to fight over a starting berth with 50 million pound man Fernando Torres, while the Blues are known to be long-term admirers of Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao.

And with Romelu Lukaku impressing while on loan at West Brom, there will likely be fiercer competition for places in West London for 2013-14, but the Senagal striker says he is unconcerned.

"Everywhere you go, [competition] is there. It will always exist. I'm at one of Europe's biggest clubs," he told reporters. "Each year, they're going to bring in a striker, that's part of football.

"It's what makes you better if you take it the right way. I work, I know what I can achieve. If they buy a new forward, it'll help me improve. I won't let myself be pushed around."

Chelsea takes on Sparta Prague in the Europa League on Thursday, but will be without Ba who is cup-tied after previously featuring in the competition for Newcastle.

Related

From the web

From the web