The former Tottenham boss is confident of wrapping up contract talks before Saturday morning after Mark Hughes was sacked earlier on Friday following a poor start to the season.
The former West Ham and Tottenham boss, who revealed he was seriously considering talks over the vacant Ukraine job earlier in the week, emerged as the favorite to replace Mark Hughes after the Welshman was sacked.
And now the 65-year-old has confirmed he is close to taking over at Loftus Road with an announcement possibly being made on Saturday morning.
"Hopefully we can get it done tonight, there shouldn't be any problems," Redknapp told BBC Sport late on Friday.
However Philip Beard, the QPR chief executive, would not confirm the apparently imminent appointment of the former Tottenham boss.
"It's too early to say. We're going to work hard to make the right decision for QPR and the fans," Beard said. "A difficult decision has been made, now we've got to focus on finding a successor."
Follow GOAL.COM USA on