Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole
Hazard, Oscar, Mata
Maicon, Nastasic, Lescott, Zabaleta,
Rafa Benitez will be without his captain John Terry (knee) for his first game in charge, with the Chelsea defender injuring himself against Liverpool and not expected back until December.
Frank Lampard (calf) and Daniel Sturridge (hamstring) also remained sidelined.
Roberto Mancini has real concerns over captain Vincent Kompany (knee), after he left City's Champions League match against Real Madrid on crutches.
He joins Gael Clichy (ankle), Micah Richards (knee) and Mario Balotelli (back) on the injury list at Eastlands.
James Milner is expected to to be fit after recovering from a hamstring concern.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea has not gone three games at Stamford Bridge without a Premier League win since December 2008, but has lost just two of its last 15 home games.
- The Blues have both scored and conceded in their last seven Premier League games.
- Chelsea is behind only Arsenal with victories against Manchester City, the Blues' 20 trailing the Gunners' 21.
- Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez (pictured) has scored six goals in his last six Premier League games against Chelsea.
- There have been five penalties awarded in the last six league meetings between the two sides.
- City is unbeaten in their last eight Premier League away games, winning five.
- The champions have conceded more than one goal away from home only once in 11 months in the league.