Though the 47-year-old admits he was "very close" to a number of clubs towards the end of last season, he insisted the Etihad Stadium is still the "best place" for himManchester City boss Roberto Mancini has revealed he was in talks with a number of clubs before reaffirming his commitment to the Premier League champions.
"Last year I was very close with seven, eight teams," he told reporters. "But I prefer to stay here because I have worked well here for three years.
Reports on Thursday claimed that the Italian had been in extensive negotiations with French side Monaco, but decided to remain with City after leading them to the title.
The 47-year-old has now admitted that several teams were interested in him but moved to reassure fans of his dedication to the club for the coming seasons.
"We have won three trophies in two years and now the next three or five years will be very important for us," Mancini said. "Now with Ferrano and Begiristain we can work very well and improve our team."
Mancini went on to insist that he is enjoying his time with City and described the Etihad Stadium as the "best place" for him.
"I signed a contract for the next 5 years because I believe in this squad and I work with really serious people like the chairman," he said.
He added, "To work with people like this is fantastic because it's difficult in football to find people who work well with the manager and for me it’s a fantastic situation.
"The best place at the moment is here because I have worked heard for three years to build this team and for the next five years my work and my job is here."