Wilkinson, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson
Kightly, Palacios, Whelan, Etherington
Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs
Diaby, Cazorla, Arteta
Walcott, Giroud, Podolski
Wilson Palacios and Rory Delap will be fighting to replace him. Jamie Ness could also come into contention. Jonathan Walters may play in a slightly deeper role than he did against the Royals, solidifying the Stoke midfield and leaving Peter Crouch as the lone frontman.
Arsene Wenger saw his side struggle to break down a stubborn Sunderland side last week but he may stick with a similar team that drew 0-0 with the Black Cats.
Despite his miss in that game, Olivier Giroud could make his first start, replacing Gervinho, with Lukas Podolski dropping to the left of a three-man attack.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain returns to the squad after missing last week, but Laurent Koscielny (calf) has not recovered in time. Jack Wilshere (ankle), Emmanuel Frimpong (knee), Tomas Rosicky (thigh) and Bacary Sagna (broken leg) remain long-term absentees.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
Stoke City has only won three league games at the Britannia Stadium this year beating just Swansea, Norwich and Wolves.
The Potters have conceded five last-minute goals in 2012, after Adam Le Fondre’s 90th minute leveler last week for Reading.
- Tony Pulis’s side has received three red cards this year following Dean Whitehead’s sending off at the Madejski Stadium.
- Stoke has failed to win a Premier League game since the April 7, a span that has lasted seven matches.
- In four Premier League meetings at the Britannia Stadium between the two sides, Arsenal has won just once in 2009-10 season. Stoke has won twice in 08-09 and 10-11.
- The Gunners have won just one of their last six Premier League games, their only victory coming against West Brom on the final day of the 2011-12 season.
- No player in Arsene Wenger’s squad has ever reached double digits in a season in the English top flight. However, France international Olivier Giroud (pictured) scored 21 goals for Montpellier in Ligue 1 last season.
Arsenal has kept seven clean sheets this year in 17 league games.
Wenger’s side has a good record away from the Emirates Stadium in 2012 winning five of its 10 games.