QUEENS PARK RANGERS
Traore, Hill, Gabbidon, Young
Faurlin, Derry, Barton
Wright-Phillips, Helguson, Bothroyd
Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Smalling
Nani, Carrick, Jones, Young
The most glaring omission for the Hoops will be the ever-enigmatic Adel Taarabt who is still on the route to recovery from a thigh muscle strain. Similarly crocked are Paddy Kenny (thigh) and Anton Ferdinand (hamstring), while current goalscorer-in-chief Heidur Helguson faces a late fitness test of the groin problem that saw him miss out at Anfield.
It’s likely that Neil Warnock will plump for largely the same personnel who were narrowly edged out by Liverpool, with Shaun Derry coming in to provide extra cover in the middle.
Sir Alex Ferguson also has a spate of injuries to contend with following the additional headaches supplied by the long-term absences of Darren Fletcher and Nemanja Vidic. The duo join the Da Silva twins, Javier Hernandez, Anderson, Dimitar Berbatov plus assorted others in the Carrington treatment room. With that in mind, it’s likely that United will give Phil Jones another chance to impress in midfield, as well as utilize the dual attacking threats of Nani and Ashley Young on either flank, with Danny Welbeck and Wayne Rooney up top.
| DID YOU KNOW?
- Manchester United has hit the back of the net just once in each of its last three League games away from Old Trafford, clocking up three 1-0 results before this weekend.
- Shaun Wright-Phillips (pictured right) has had more shots without getting on the scoresheet than any other Premier league player, failing to hit the back of the net in 32 attempts.
- United is undefeated in its last 11 outings against QPR, winning eight of those meetings.
- United has won just six of its last 21 Premier League games in London.
- QPR has lost four of its last six Premier League games.
- United has conceded 79 percent of its goals in the second half - the highest proportion in the league.
- Heidur Helguson has scored six goals in his last seven top-flight appearances.
- QPR has never beaten Manchester United in the Premier League.