The 19-year-old Brazilian striker has sent a clear message to Real Madrid and Barcelona as he pens new terms to remain with his current clubUPDATED: Wednesday, 1:10 p.m. ET
Neymar has signed a contract extension with Santos - ending months of speculation he was set for a January move to either Real Madrid or Barcelona.
Contradicting reports that the 19-year-old was set to opt for a move to Spain in 2012, it was revealed that Neymar has negotiated a lucrative new deal with the Copa Libertadores holders.
"I'm very happy. It's another decision that I took in my life, along with my dad and brother," Neymar said. "I want to think the love that the fans have showed me. I'm very happy to stay here until 2014."
The contract duration, which currently runs until 2015, is not affected, but the Brazil international will receive a substantial pay rise as well as an increase in the buyout clause.
The Brazilian is expected to earn around 1.2 million euros per month in wages and his buyout clause, believed to be around 45 million euros, is set to increase.
Santos announced the move on Tuesday and presented Neymar with a shirt that had '2014' on the back. When asked if the shirt meant he was staying until 2014, Neymar responded: "This shirt shows this. I always told you that I wouldn't leave. Every player will receive offers. There's a person that filters everything for me, which is my dad. I just play football."
Barcelona and Real Madrid had been linked with the youngster heavily in the summer, but Neymar says there were not any concrete offers.
"My dad didn't let me know about anything. I just focused in playing football," Neymar said. "I always said that I wanted to stay here and I'm very happy to be representing Santos and Brazil. The happiness is in everyone, in my family".