Mario Balotelli has bid farewell to his AC Milan teammates ahead of his proposed move to Liverpool.
Rumors that Liverpool is keen to bring the former Manchester City striker back to the Premier League gathered pace Thursday, with reports suggesting a 20 million euro deal has been agreed to.
Milan appeared to confirm the 24-year-old is heading for the exit door by posting a short message on its website announcing he has said his goodbyes.
"Mario Balotelli left Milanello's sporting center at 13:30 (local time) after saying goodbye to his teammates," read the statement. "Before leaving the premises, the striker has said goodbye to members of Milan's press office."
Ex-Inter man Balotelli returned to Serie A in January 2013, and has scored 26 goals in 43 league appearances for Milan.
But speculation grew that Milan was open to selling him when the club failed to qualify for the Champions League by finishing a disappointing eighth last season.
Liverpool, meanwhile, is on the lookout for a new striker following the sale of Luis Suarez to Barcelona last month. Should Balotelli complete a switch to Anfield this week, his Liverpool debut could come in the club's trip to his former side City on Monday.