Despite Stuart Pearce expressing his annoyance at the pair's departure, the duo are set to sign long-term contracts before moving back to the City Ground on loan.
Newcastle United is set to complete a double swoop for Nottingham Forest duo Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow after the pair agreed seven-year deals.
Lascelles, an England Under-20 defender who has been tracked by a number of leading Premier League clubs including Manchester City and QPR, as well as highly-rated goalkeeper Darlow, 23, will be loaned straight back to the Championship club which kicks off its season against Blackpool on Saturday.
Goal revealed last week that Alan Pardew was lining up a bid for the Forest stars who are due to be sold for a combined fee of 7.5 million euros, much to the annoyance of manager Stuart Pearce.
MORE: Biggest summer transfers | Soccer's beautiful fans | WAGs
"We had an offer from Newcastle, that I was made aware of last week, in regards to the two players going there," Pearce told the Nottingham Post. "The figures that were mentioned, by the representative of our club - I said I would not do that deal, when I was asked the question.
"I think I have a good relationship with the club. But obviously, for whatever reason, they have decided to take the money in this situation. I do not agree with it. But the only olive branch I have got is that the boys are both coming back on a year loan, which is a bonus.”
By contrast, Pardew, who has invested wisely over the summer having recruited seven new players already, is excited about the prospect of bringing in two exciting, young English talents.
He said: "Every time we sign a player we think it's good business," he told reporters. "We think it's part of what we do.
"It's our judgement. They are two great assets for Newcastle United."