The 34-year-old agreed to mutually terminate his contract with Atletico Mineiro on Monday, resulting in rumors he could move to Argentina.
The 34-year-old agreed the mutual termination of his contract with Atletico Mineiro on Monday, bringing to an end his two-year stay at the club.
Rumours then surfaced that Ronaldinho could replace Juan Roman Riquelme as Boca's talismanic figure following his exit from the club earlier in July.
However, the Argentine giants have moved swiftly to put an end to the speculation by revealing they are only in the market for defenders.
The club told Goal Argentina: "Fuenzalida is the last reinforcement, and we will hire only someone else for defense in the event we sell another player."
An agent in Australia said Tuesday that the A-League is a possible destination for Ronaldinho and expects several clubs to make a play for his services in the coming weeks.