The England international is entering the final year of his contract and, with no talks yet held regarding a new deal, the 32-year-old admits he could leave next season
The England international is entering the final year of his contract, having been brought to the club from Aston Villa by Mark Hughes four years ago. But with a year to go on his current deal and a potential move to City's new MLS partners New York City FC mooted earlier this summer, Barry says his future has not been discussed.
"It's just a case of wait and see, as far as a new contract is concerned," Barry told the Sunday Mirror. "I haven't heard anything about a new deal from the club, so it looks as though my contract will run out next summer and I'll have to take it from there."
Having seen Hughes and his successor Roberto Mancini come and go at the Etihad Stadium, Barry is about to embark on a season with a third City manager, Manuel Pellegrini, who insists the 32-year-old midfielder is in his plans.
"The manager has spoken to me," the England international revealed. "He told me that he sees a place for me in his squad as he wants two quality players in every position.
"I've got to admit that, with Yaya Toure, Javi Garcia and now Fernandinho in the squad, it's going to be tough for anyone to nail down a position in central midfield. I'm a bit disappointed that there's been no offer, but I haven't got myself too down about it."