Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi says Thiago Silva will not be sold to Barcelona this summer.
Speculation had intensified in recent days over where the Brazil international will be plying his trade next season, with reports in Spain stating the Catalans had already agreed personal terms with the defender. Al-Khelaifi has denied such an agreement, though, while hinting at a role-reversal by stating Les Parisiens are interested in some of the Blaugrana players.
"Thiago will not leave for Barcelona. He has a four-year contract left," Al-Khelaifi told RMC Sport. "He will line up for us against Bordeaux for the Trophee des Champions on Aug. 3. So he will definitely be with us. But we, on the other hand, are following some Barca players."
Meanwhile, the Qatari chief revealed the club had no intentions of ending its shopping spree just yet after securing Edinson Cavani, confirming that negotiations were underway to secure Marquinhos and Lucas Digne from Roma and Lille respectively.
"Transfers are not finished for PSG this summer. We will go for another player," Al-Khelaifi said. "Marquinhos and Digne? Those are two young players. We are discussing with their clubs right now. We're just discussing. There is no agreement in place."
The club's sporting director Leonardo parted company with the French giants on Tuesday and Al-Khelafi added that deputy CEO Jean-Claude Blanc and assistant coach Olivier Letang would now preside over future negotiations.
"Who will replace Leonardo? I have a very strong team around me with Letang and Jean-Claude Blanc, who had an important role in Cavani's arrival," Al-Khelaifi said. "I am proud of the work this great professional has done and he will finish off the transfer period."