The Portuguese forward says talks over his new deal will begin at the end of the season and claims that his unhappiness with the club earlier this season was not a monetary issue.
The Portugal international claimed that he was “sad” at life at the club back in September, which led to reports of a big money move to Paris Saint-Germain at the end of the season.
However, the former Manchester United forward has said that his state of mind back in the autumn was not driven by a desire to further his bank balance and said that talks will begin on his deal at the end the current La Liga season.
“Now I care only about the team and we’ll talk at the end of the season,” Ronaldo told AS. “I swear on my son that my sadness with the club was never a question concerning money. It was not. The renewal is a subject that I do not want to talk about and that I do not care about now.”
Ronaldo, who turned 28 on Tuesday, also reserved praise for the Madrid fans, stating that they inspire him to continually give his all.
“I want to make my mark at Madrid and I will only do that if I defend the club until the end of my tether," Ronaldo said.
“The fans have seen this and come to the conclusion that I am [here] in body and soul, and I defend this shirt to my death. It leaves me very pleased that I can feel their love.”
Ronaldo current holds the title as the world’s most expensive player after Madrid paid United 93.5m euros for him in the summer of 2009.