thumbnail Hello,

Llambias rules out any more Newcastle signings in January

The Magpies have signed five players from Ligue 1 so far this window, but the club official has moved to reassure fans that nobody will have to be sold to balance the books.

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias has ruled out any more arrivals at the club on transfer deadline day, stating that nobody will be leaving through the exit door either.

The club has signed five players during the January transfer window, with Mathieu Debuchy, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Moussa Sissoko, Yoan Gouffran and Massadio Haidara all moving to the Magpies from Ligue 1.

With Alan Pardew's side securing its first away league win of the campaign against Aston Villa on Tuesday, though, Llambias feels comfortable enough to admit that the club has concluded its business for the month.

"We’re absolutely done. It’s been a really busy window and we’re delighted that we have those targets," Llambias told Sky Sports.

With so many new players arriving at the club, there had been worries from some supporters that the club may have to shift on a few faces in order to balance the books, but Llambias has denied that the club is under any pressure to sell now like in the past.

"That’s the main reason Mike’s [Ashley] here today. Last summer we had a lot of pressure on the last two days. Too much pressure. That’s not going to happen," Llambias said. "Mike’s come in today to reassure everybody our crown jewels are all in place and are absolutely staying."

Follow GOAL.COM on

Related

From the web

From the web