The 23-year-old has been linked with the west London outfit throughout the summer, with the Blues already adding to their squad with the likes of Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne, while reportedly being on the verge of landing the Internacional playmaker as well.
There has also been some confusion over the amount at which the Brazilian attacker would be available from his Ukrainian club, with Shakhtar's manager, Mircea Lucescu, previously claiming a bid of 33 million euros had been rejected.
"I don't know what the coach said, but the correct value was 25 million euros," he told Globo Esporte.
"But regardless of the value, of course I really wanted to play for a club like Chelsea, a club that won the Champions League.”
Willian indicated that the offer from Roberto Di Matteo's side was slightly lower than that but, regardless of the fee, admitted his disappointment at not being allowed to discuss terms of a move to Stamford Bridge and reiterated his desire to push through a transfer.
"I'm really annoyed that the board didn't let me go. It would have been good for me and for the club too," he said.
"I'd play in a big league and would be able to grow as a player. This is not a message to anyone, everyone knows I want to leave."
Reports have now emerged that fellow Brazilian midfielder Oscar, who featured in the Olympic squad's friendly against Team GB on Friday evening, underwent a medical at Chelsea earlier in the week.
And Willian suggested that, despite Chelsea's interest in his fellow countryman, a deal for himself can still happen, insisting that he offers different attributes to the Internacional man.
He added: "Chelsea had already reached an agreement regarding Oscar when they made that last offer to sign me.
"I'm sure it won't be a problem as we are different kinds of players. He is more like a playmaker and I am more like an attacking midfielder.
"But it's a matter of waiting. A lot can still happen."