The 34-year-old midfielder will leave Club America and head to MLS, the Mexican international claims, though he did not specify at which club.After weeks of speculation, Pavel Pardo has finally revealed that he will play in Major League Soccer this season.
Pardo has told the Mexican media that he will leave Club América before the Apertura 2011 season starts in the Latin American country and that his arrival in MLS is imminent, having several team offers to choose from.
"Club America has been great to me," said Pardo. "I have a contract with them still, but we came to an agreement to release me of my responsibilities on June 30. Now, I'm waiting to come to MLS, that's a reality. I'm reviewing a few offers hoping I can come to an agreement."
Pavel states that his desire to arrive in the United States stems from the quality of the league, as well as his desire to "live in another country and learn more from the American culture."
Pardo was previously linked to Chicago Fire, but the team's PR department told Goal.com that there was no possibility of the former VfB Stuttgart man joining the Frank Klopas-coached side.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!