The 27-year-old has been out of the Juventus first team this season but believes he can win back his spot and is grateful for Antonio Conte's support.
The 27-year-old has made just 11 Serie A appearances this season after featuring on a regular basis as Antonio Conte's side won the Scudetto last campaign.
However, his first-team spot has been taken by summer signings Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente, and though he wants to play a bigger role, Giovinco has hailed the form of his new teammates.
"I'm worth more than the minutes I've played so far but those who play more regularly are making a lot of progress," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "It's fair to point out Tevez and Llorente are doing well. In the past I used to play, but now others are playing more. Carlos is humble and positive."
Giovinco was booed by sections of the Juventus fans after being substituted recently and was comforted by Conte, but the Italy forward is refusing to dwell on the incident.
"When you're booed, it's ugly, but it's part of the game. I'm calm because I always try to do better. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't," he said. "Conte was almost paternal. I appreciated the gesture, but he would do the same with any other player.
"Conte is demanding and always thinks about using the right training techniques to win. It was so last year and it is now."
Juventus faces a Europa League trip to Trabzonspor on Thursday before tackling AC Milan this weekend, but Giovinco is only thinking about winning the competition.
"I am focused on winning the game and going through. The Europa League is a cup and we have a chance to play the final at our own stadium, which is another incentive to try and win it."