The USA comes into the match off the back of two qualifying wins and can move one step closer to Brazil 2014 with three points at home against Honduras.
|USA (4-2-3-1): Howard; Evans, Gonzalez, Besler, F. Johnson; Bradley, Jones; Zusi, Dempsey, E. Johnson; Altidore.
The USA will be without DaMarcus Beasley for Tuesday's match, with the left back having picked up a suspension due to card accumulation, but he will be the only major absence in the team.
Jermaine Jones missed the USA's last match through injury but is expected to be available for selection, with midfielder Graham Zusi also available after missing out on the last match while sitting out a suspension for card accumulation.
|Honduras (4-4-2): Valladares; Izaguirre, Montes, O. Chavez, Garcia; Palacios, Espinoza, Juarez, Martinez; Najar, Rojas
Honduras comes into the match with some serious issues. Forward
Jerry Bengtson was asked to leave the team and center backs Victor Bernardez (suspension) and Maynor Figueroa (injury), and midfielder Luis Garrido (suspension) will all be out of action as well. Honduras also has to worry over the fitness of Oscar Boniek Garcia, who is reportedly a doubt with an injury of his own.
The good news for Honduras is that center back Osman Chavez was able to return to training and should be available for selection.
- The USA comes into the match on a good run of form, having won three in a row including two CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers.
- The USA's winning run has coincided with Jozy Altidore's personal patch of good form. The AZ star has netted in all three wins after a barren run in front of goal for his country.
- The USA is currently at the top of CONCACAF's Hexagonal with 10 points from five matches while Honduras comes into the game in fourth place with seven points and the same amount of matches played.
- Honduras' last qualifying outing was a 2-0 win over Jamaica, but prior to that match the team had dropped two straight in qualifying.
- The USA on the other hand has not tasted defeat since losing to Honduras in San Pedro Sula on the first matchday of the round, with Los Catrachos coming from behind to snatch a 2-1 win late on.