|Velez Sarsfield (4-3-1-2):
Barovero; Cubero, Domínguez, Ortiz, Papa; Fernandez, Razzotti, Zapata; Moralez; Silva, Martínez
After the last-minute withdrawal of Moralez last week, Velez will be boosted by the return of its top scorer for this crucial encounter.
Sosa; G. Rodriguez, D. Rodriguez, Gonzalez, Valdez; Aguiar, Freitas, Corujo, Mier; Olivera, Martinuccio
Striker Diego Alonso is the only forced absence for Diego Aguirre, who has the luxury of picking an unchanged team from the first leg.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Velez Sarsfield must win in the Jose Almafitani tonight to have any chance of making the final for the second time.
- 1-0 down, the onus will be on strike duo Juan Manuel Martinez (right) and Santiago Silva to hit home. The strikers have already hit six between them in the competition so far.
- The club's last visit to the last four was in 1994, where it beat Colombians Junior on the way to lifting the title.
- Coach Ricardo Gareca has an unfortunate relationship with the Libertadores, having lost three consecutive finals with America de Cali between 1985-87.
- The 1987 final was against none other than tonight's opponents, with coach Diego Aguirre up front.
- Penarol is also looking to cut short a long dry spell in the Copa, 1987 being the last time it reached the final.
- This is the club's record 14th appearance in the semifinals, more than any other team.
- Of the previous 13 appearances, it has gone on to the final nine times, registering five titles and four defeats in the decider.
- The Manya have played away in every Libertadores second leg this year, with one victory (vs. Internacional) and one defeat (vs. Universidad Catolica).
- The side has scored just 13 times in 11 games on its way to this match, just over half the amount scored by its Argentine rivals (24).