CONCACAF Champions League Preview: Santos Laguna - Seattle Sounders FC
The Sounders face a daunting task in Torreon, as they must overcome a 1-0 deficit on the road to advance to the CCL final.
|Santos Laguna (4-4-2): Sanchez; Estrada, Baloy, Mares, Figueroa; Rodriguez, Salinas, Crosas, Quintero; Gomez, Peralta.
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Gspurning; Yedlin, Hurtado, Traore, Gonzalez; Joseph, Alonso, Rosales, Zakuani; Ochoa, Johnson.
- Herculez Gomez scored a vital away goal at CenturyLink Field last Tuesday, as Santos Laguna won the first leg of the two-leg semifinal 1-0.
- Seattle has overcome a deficit to a Mexican team in this competition already, as it came back from 2-0 down on aggregate to defeat Tigres UANL 3-2 in the quarterfinal.
- Seattle will be without Obafemi Martins and likely Brad Evans due to injury.
- This match will be the 10th time the Sounders have faced a team from Liga MX. They have a 3-6-0 record in their previous nine meetings.
- Santos is unbeaten in its past seven league outings (4-0-3), including a stretch of four straight wins.
- This semifinal is a rematch of last year's CCL quarterfinal. Seattle won the first leg 2-1 at home, but was crushed 6-1 in the return leg, falling 7-3 on aggregate.
- With Monterrey heading home with a lead over LA in the other semifinal, we could be in for a rematch of last year's CCL final, which the Rayados won with a 3-2 aggregate scoreline over Santos Laguna.