Paris Saint-Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti has revealed his desire to keep David Beckham at the club beyond his contract expiration in the summer.
The former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder joined on January's transfer deadline day this year, but his deal with les Parisiens is just a short-term one and he is set to leave at the end of June.
However, Ancelotti will have fuelled rumors that the ex-England international could remain at Parc des Princes after his frank admission that he wants PSG to hold on to the veteran.
The Italian told reporters on Thursday: "Beckham is available for tomorrow's game. He's arrived back in Paris and has not missed a training session.
"I am totally for Beckham continuing on next season."
Ancelotti's men face last year's Ligue 1 champions Montpellier on Friday night and the coach has demanded his players concentrate on one match at a time instead of looking ahead at April's battles with Barcelona in the Champions League.
"This is a very important time of the season," he said. We should think about the game tomorrow and not the following matches.
"Montpellier are not in the battle for the title but they are a very good team - dangerous and organized."
After the clash with Montpellier, PSG will face Barca on April 2 at Parc des Princes before the return leg at Camp Nou, and Ancelotti insists he will be thinking up his own strategy for success and not copying Real Madrid's formula.
"Four days to prepare Barcelona is sufficient," he said. "We are not Real Madrid so we will not have the same strategy as them."
Ancelotti also revealed that Thiago Motta will miss the first leg against Barcelona, while Argentine attacker Ezequiel Lavezzi is another absentee for the Montpellier match as he is still recovering from playing at extremely high altitude in Bolivia.