Reports had circulated that the Paris Saint-Germain winger ignored a request from Carlo Ancelotti to enter against Ajaccio as a substitute, but the player has denied such claims.
The French media reported that the former Roma man had ignored Carlo Ancelotti's attempts to use him as a substitute in the stalemate, something the player himself denies.
"It is totally false in any case," the 25-year-old told the club's official website. "It's simple - I didn't even get off the bench to warm up, so I do not see how I could refuse to go on the field! The whole bench can be my witness.
"I was calm on Friday evening and for me these lies are empty. I prefer to clarify the situation because it is a non-event, none of this has happened."
Menez admitted he has previously had some problems with his attitude, but he insists the French press need to acknowledge that he is maturing.
"Unfortunately, in the past, I have had some mood swings when I was young," Menez said. "I try to make daily efforts on my behavior and all the while these kind of stories keep on going. Obviously, it does not make me happy, and I do not know why people try to harm me."
The 0-0 draw with the Corsicans saw the capital club surrender top spot in Ligue 1 to Olympique Lyonnais.