thumbnail Hello,

The Portugal attacker, who was mocked by Sepp Blatter earlier this year, is still in talks with Real Madrid over whether he should travel to Zurich for the awards ceremony.

Cristiano Ronaldo said he still has to decide if he will attend the FIFA Ballon d'Or gala next month.

The Real Madrid ace has been short-listed for the prestigious accolade along with Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery and Barcelona star Lionel Messi.

However, the Portuguese's presence at the Jan. 13 event in Zurich has been in doubt ever since he and his club reacted angrily to disparaging remarks FIFA president Sepp Blatter made about him during a speech at the Oxford Union Society.

When asked Sunday if he would follow through on a proposed boycott of the Ballon d'Or ceremony, Ronaldo told reporters: “There are still several days for that, we’re talking about it and we’ll see what happens. I hope to win many more trophies but we’re still looking at it with the club.”

Ronaldo, who was speaking at the opening of a museum dedicated to himself in his native Madeira, was more forthcoming when it came to discussing the Seleccao's hopes of progressing from a pool containing Germany, the USA and Ghana at next year's World Cup in Brazil.

“We’ve been drawn in a difficult group," the 28-year-old conceded. "It’s competitive, but I’m confident that we can do well. We just have to get through the first round and then we’ll see what happens.”

Related

From the web

From the web