Monday, July 28, 2014
Los Blancos have paid 80 million euros for the Colombia international but the Portugal defender believes the 23-year-old will justify such an extravagant outlay
The Netherlands international, who had been linked with Manchester United, will complete a reported 9 million euro move to the Stadio Olimpico on Tuesday
The Spaniard has insisted reports the striker will imminently seal a permanent move to Goodison Park are wide of the mark but he is nonetheless eager to strengthen his attack.
The 54-year-old coach, who was sacked by the Rossoneri in January, will take the reigning Italian champion to the Giuseppe Meazza in week three.
The keeper is delighted with the signings the club has made this summer and hailed his rival for a first-team berth, Wojciech Szczesny, as he looks to make his mark in England.
Manchester United look set to miss out on a key target as the Juventus director insists the club intends to keep hold of the €54 million-rated Chile international midfielder.
The 27-year-old, who arrived at Loftus Road from Real Madrid two years ago, has returned to Basque Country following a loan spell with the Liga side last season.
The former Blancos striker believes the Golden Boot winner can compete in a high-pressure environment. He also is optimistic about the growth of the game in North America.
The 35-year-old was unveiling as QPR's latest signing on Monday but insists he could have extended his Old Trafford contract if the Welshman was appointed as permanent manager.
The AC Milan chief says the club is assessing potential signings to replace the Brazilian but insists Mario Balotelli will not be leaving San Siro.
The 21-year-old midfielder has joined for a fee believed to be worth 5 millon euros, and manager Roberto Martinez is delighted with the capture of the "dynamic" player.
A few eyebrows may be raised at Arsene Wenger's willingness to spend so big on the 19-year-old, but he offers technical ability, athleticism and versatility beyond his years.
The former Brazil international has nothing but fond memories of his time at the Primera Division giant and has voiced his respect for Jose Mourinho.
Stevan Jovetic was part of a depleted squad that has made a real statement in the U.S. and has given Pellegrini the best kind of selection headache ahead of the new campaign.
Liverpool abandoned its pursuit of Loic Remy over medical concerns, but the Northern Irishman insists he will not compromise his high standards in the search for a striker.
The 19-year-old, described as a "gamble" by Arsene Wenger, will join the Gunners as competition for Mathieu Debuchy.
The 22-year-old has been informed that he is surplus to requirements at Emirates Stadium, with Mathieu Debuchy having arrived from Newcastle and Calum Chambers set to sign.
The Brazilian is expected to play as a wing back in Louis van Gaal's 3-4-1-2 system next season, but has been forced to return to Carrington with a groin problem.
The Real Madrid star says it is a "very big honor" to have topped Goal's annual list of the world's most outstanding players.
Presenter Aidan Magee is joined by Goal's Peter Staunton and Greg Stobart as the 50 greatest players of the 2013-14 season are revealed.