Luis Enrique has revealed he hopes to make more signings as he continues to rebuild Barcelona in his image.
MORE: Coach Ted Lasso returns! | Porter challenges Guardiola | WAGs
The former Celta boss has already bought six players since being named Gerardo Martino's replacement in May, with Thomas Vermaelan the latest acquisition after joining from Arsenal last week.
And the spending is showing no signs of slowing, with Enrique admitting he is actively making moves for further reinforcements.
"I haven't ruled out further signings. Neither has the club. Not now and not in the future. We're always open to strengthening and improving the squad." he said.
Gerard Deulofeu's season-long loan move to Sevilla was confirmed Friday, and Enrique was eager to explain his thinking behind allowing the forward to spend a second consecutive campaign elsewhere.
"I gave him his first start, I know him very well and he wasn't going to get the playing time he needs to continue his development. He has to improve several aspects of his game," he said.
The 20-year-old was loaned out to Everton for the entire 2013/14 campaign, but the 88 million euro signing of Luis Suarez meant his chances of first team football at Camp Nou were slim this term.